Breathe for Birth is a rich and intentional practice that speaks the subtle language of your Automatic Nervous System (ANS), to “get you out of your head and into your body”. The elements we use to speak to your ANS are intimate breathing techniques integrated with rhythmic movement and exquisitely languid pacing. These elements are woven together to progressively draw you into the dreamy altered state of consciousness essential to birth your child from your body into your arms. This is the place to go to have a purely embodied experience of what it means to truly engage with the process of childbirth.
These sessions are the synthesis of over two decades of birth support, offering you profound and practical ways to use your breath to “Let Go For Birth” by:
- Leaning into the exquisite intensity of childbirth;
- Consciously connecting with your child;
- Building emotional and energetic resilience;
- Melting tension and resistance from your whole body;
- Building trust in your body, your baby, your birth support and your birth choices;
- Protecting your pelvic floor integrity by leaning the essential art of opening your birth canal as you experience the difference between functional and “dysfunctional” pushing;
- Releasing favourable birthing hormones to support progress in labour;
- Entering into the glorious altered state of consciousness that can lead to moments of joyful and maybe even ecstatic birth
- Summoning the will and resources to birth your child with dignity and grace.
Breathe for Birth is a welcoming, inclusive space for ALL women hoping to create a positive birth experience. Especially beneficial for women carrying birth trauma. Perfect anytime from the start of your second trimester, immersion in these sessions will deepen and enrich your understanding of how to create your own intimate birth preparation practice.
2018 – 2019 BREATHE FOR BIRTH OPTIONS
Breathe for Birth One Day Retreat – held at Lazuli Wellbeing, cnr Church Ave and Ninth Ave Hepburn Springs.
Saturdays – 10:00-5:00 2 February & 4 May 2019
Retreat Fee – Full: $280/ Concession: $265 *.
Retreat Includes – lunch, refreshments, and mamashanti’s comprehensive retreat notes, follow-up support from Nina.
Breathe for Birth Private Session – held at either my studio, a delightful 10 minute drive from Daylesford; or wherever you are via Skype.
Private Session Fee – Full: $375/ Concession: $360 *.
Private Session Includes – 4.5 hour session, mamashanti’s comprehensive retreat notes, follow-up support from Nina.
* Concession – available for health card holders; or those who have attended classes, retreats or workshops with mamashanti during a previous pregnancy. Please advise at time of booking.